I AM A FREE AMERICAN

i am an idealist. Pure and simple. I am #1genUS, and with respect to the politics of this land pretty much use #KeepItSimpleSmartie and #CommonLaw, the #DeclarationOfIndependence and #Constitution to inform my thoughts and go from there. I am reasonable and will listen to anything except lies and hate-based realities, and those I walk away from as being Stupid.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Poem to Wake U

Sleepy people

We're so silly

We who think the system works

Bestowing faith in a bunch of jerks
Where do we think our money's going?
We just spend it without even knowing

Why are there starving people on this planet?
Isn't there food? Can't we demand it?

Aren't we empathetic beings
With hearts and minds to help with freeing
The entire human race from pain
So needless, and suffering in vain

Is this really what will be our demise?

Will we let the rich bitch rise
To snatch our freedoms once more
Like they've done so many times before

But this time we're all together

There are more of us to do away with it forever
And create a world of balance again
Where everyone eats and we're all friends

Of friends of friends of friends of friends

Who recognize that in the end
It's our responsibility to reclaim
The truth that we are all the same
So real freedom can be attained
And unnecessary fears can be tamed

We're damned in this hell that we've created
Where we allow ourselves to be dictated
We can be our own police
Our own governmental body of peace

Where issues that matter are solved with resolve

To absolve all these burdens and we can evolve


Collectively reclaiming our birthrights exclaiming
We are human beings and aiming
For the whole of our soul with these goals

To become one in the eyes of our neighbors
And gaining control of our responsibilities
To all living creatures on this planet

No longer taking for granted
That Mother Nature will continue providing

Despite our abuse

Our beliefs keep dividing
When will you see you as me and me as you?
And we as we as one as truth

To create this space as one race

In loving embrace who stroll with grace
Across the face of this blessed place
Ending the game of hide and seek

Guess what? I found you! Now can we speak?

About how to overcome the folly's of history's
Ability to keep our unity and oneness a mystery
Let us awake, us people so sleepy from centuries of creepy
Behavior that only serves to keep us weepy
From all the pain that we've endured
Lifetimes of suffering completely ignored

I believe in you

Can you believe in me?


Can we believe in ourselves in this sea?
Of mass confusion and ignorant bliss
That has brought us all here to this
Time of dependency on outside others

I shudder to think about our Mother Earth

Being smothered with my sisters and brothers
Who had a chance and never took it
Opportunities knocking let's not overlook it

Let's make a collective effort to save her

And do ourselves and the animals a favor
To enjoy this benevolent creation
As one people, one love, one peace, one nation

A peaceful revolution is waiting

So let's stop hating, berating, debating
Start equating, creating, innovating and stating
What we know in our depths to be true

So I can be me and you can be you

And we can be we, and trees can be trees
And bees can be bees

Finally free

I'll get down on my knees
If I have to

by Lauren Roderick


I received this lovely poem from a friend from MySpace. Lauren so eloquently, profoundly and simply put together a picture of the chaos and the answer in a rhyming, melodic form of beauty. I took the liberty to cast a format and give an emphasis that is mine.

peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home