I AM A FREE AMERICAN

i am an idealist. Pure and simple. I am #1genUS, and with respect to the politics of this land pretty much use #KeepItSimpleSmartie and #CommonLaw, the #DeclarationOfIndependence and #Constitution to inform my thoughts and go from there. I am reasonable and will listen to anything except lies and hate-based realities, and those I walk away from as being Stupid.

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Re: [3-9836000006131] Your Google Support inquiry

Hi ?? wow, you know what, I really don't even want to know anymore.

I just responded in a similar thread.  I have reviewed my statements.  PLEASE re-review my original inquiry and let me know if this was not just a latent charging from an earlier trip to Los Angeles, rather than a fraudulent posting to my account by the City of Los Angeles.  None of this makes sense.  Please have one person follow-up instead of needing to hear the same thing from different people thinking that is solving the problem.

This was not done for my protection, get that clear.  There was no fraud, most likely.  Looking at my statements, this was just a simple mistake by someone somewhere that should have never ever affected me the way it did.  Please restore access to the card in my wallet so that my security and trust that my wallet in Google's is secure from incompetence and lack of common sense and courtesy.  The Google Wallet card should because it can be reinstated, otherwise, please cancel my account and return the funds to where they came from.  Thank you.

Elaine Clermont

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:38 AM, Google Support Team <wallet-support@google.com> wrote:

 

Hi, Elaine.

Thanks for your response!

Please understand that we are taking these actions in order to protect your account. Moreover, we are not saying that your account has been compromised. It is only because of a dispute your filed with us that our Disputes department need to have your Wallet card cancelled. You can now order a new Wallet card by logging into your account online.

Lastly, your account is fully active and shouldn't have any issues making any transaction with it.

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks,

Arleah
The Google Wallet Team

 


Are you happy with the support you received?

Yes No 

 

Need assistance now? We're available by phone 24/7.

Google Wallet Learn More | FAQs | Help Center | Contact Us Privacy Policy | How to recognize suspicious emails
© Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, 94043, USA
Google+ Twitter




--
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home